Professionals may be brilliant in their field, yet even the best can be thrown by public speaking. Not everyone communicates well–and with dire consequences. Deals die. Customers bolt. Careers stall. Board of Directors lose confidence in Management. Collaborations dissolve. Reputations suffer.
Can you write with savvy for the spoken word? Can you move a LIVE audience –or keep the attention of peers in a global teleconference meeting? Can you think on your feet in Q&A? Speech Coaching addresses those executive soft skills that can make or break careers.
As our careers grow, we must present well to leadership teams, clients, media and boards. We must pitch partners, governments and become spokespersons for our organizations. We jockey for mindshare and budgets with our toughest audiences; peers. For over 25 years Fleischer Communications has offered advanced Presentation Skills coaching and workshops—with a highly interactive Improv twist.
This Leadership & Learning Development training gives clients new confidence to hold their own as public speakers. How well we speak OFF-THE-CUFF can propel or hurt.
Who Can Benefit: Senior leaders to rising star managers looking to launch products, chair panels, pitch ideas up—and defend scientific breakthroughs or brand plans. Fleischer Communications goes beyond Image Consulting to create positive behavioral shifts in leadership.
Benefits & Deliverables
- Developing Communications strategy and “Influencing Up” polish
- Speechwriting—Finding narrative thread in complex data and concepts
- Creating visually arresting PowerPoint presentations
- Podium delivery skills: Executive Presence, movement and body control, rate of speech, audience banter during speech, voice projection, resonance, timber, tone, eye contact, etc.
- Learning to read the room, handle pushback and switch gears on the fly
- Managing Performance Anxiety through lens of Neuroscience
- Q&A: Thinking on-your-feet in post- speech questions from peers, leaders or the Media
- Research: Read background materials. Interview key colleagues to assess speaker strengths & challenges. Observe client speaking at podium or in meetings to get baseline assessment.
- Writing: Collaborate to write a compelling, pithy narrative thread in sea of ideas
- PowerPoint: Consult to create slides
- Delivery Skills: Several rehearsals per presentation. Some sessions may be videotaped or use IMPROV games to build thinking-on-your-feet soft skills.
- Post-Mortem: Attend speaker presentation to observe. Write feedback analysis of strengths/ challenges. Meet face-to-face to capture lessons learned and give Next Steps game plan.
Fees can be charged by the hour, project or retainer.